Are the awards for me?
This awards scheme has been created in order to officially reward and recognise excellence in dentistry. If you are looking for any of the following, then the awards are definitely for you!
- Boost morale within your practice
- Attract new patients
- Increase trust with your current patients
- Assess the strengths of your practice
- Enjoy an amazing night with your team
Am I eligible to enter?
- All entrants must be from Scotland & GDC registered.
- Practices must enter as individual practices and not as a company.
- All entrants work must be predominantly performed in Scotland to be eligible.
- Entrants must submit only one entry per category per practice for team or practice categories.
- Entrants must submit only one entry per person for individual categories.
Which categories should I enter?
You can enter as many categories as you like! Place your entry in the category you feel most appropriate
How do I enter?
Fill out your details and select your categories here >
How do I pay for my entries?
Entry is free!
When is the entry deadline?
The entry deadline is Friday 21st July 2017. Entries will need to be with us by midnight.How do I find out if I have been shortlisted?Shortly after you have submitted your entries, you will receive a letter and emails to the address details provided at registration informing you if you have been shortlisted and in which categories.
How do I write a winning submission?
Read our blog to find out how to create an award-winning entry!
What should I include in my entry?
Head to the categories page or download the entry guide for extra details about what needs to be included.
Ensure you answer the individual category criteria, as that’s what the judges will be marking against.
How should I lay out my entry?
Each year we receive more and more entries and while it’s not about how decorative an entry is, you do want to stand out from the crowd.
Be aware that the judges use a variety of different platforms to view the entries, ensure there is as few barriers as possible. A PDF document is the preferred option. Word documents with clearly labelled folders of supporting evidence are happily accepted.
Useful tip: Word Documents, PowerPoint and Keynote files can all be saved as PDF files.
How do I submit my entry?
All entries must be electronic, either sent using an online file sharing service or on a USB stick.
We have a WeTransfer page which has a 20gb allowance to allow for large file transfers, https://fmcawards.wetransfer.com. All you need to do is drop your files and fill in your email address. Make sure you clearly label your files.
You can also email your entry or send it via Dropbox to firstname.lastname@example.org
Put your entries on a USB stick and post them to us at:
Dentistry Scotland Awards
FMC 1 Hertford House
Please note, entries will not be returned and by registering your details, you automatically opt in to receive relevant marketing emails and calls from our awards partners.
WeTransfer only lets me send single files but I have folders of photos!?
WeTransfer only lets you send files individually unless you zip the file. To do this;
- 1. Locate the file or folder that you want to zip.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the file or folder, select (or point to) Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location. To rename it, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Rename, and then type the new name. Use this file to drop on to the WeTransfer page.
Who are the judges?
The Dentistry Scotland Awards judges are made up of an independent panel of dental professionals. To find out more about the judges click here.
When is the awards ceremony being held and where?
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony which is being held on Friday 3rd November at the Marriott Glasgow, Hotel.
How can I sponsor the awards?
If you would like to sponsor the awards please contact our Commercial Director Craig Welling on 01923 851 787 or by email at email@example.com. Alternatively, send us a message using the Contact Us page and we will be in touch.